POSITION: Business Administration Intern
TIME COMMITMENT: Minimum 15 hours per week, 4 month commitment preferred.
SALARY: Opportunity contingent on experience; College credits may be arranged; Work experience at an established for-profit and non-profit organization.
OPA’s Business Administration team seeks a motivated student or recent graduate to participate in the organization’s day–to-day operations that include general office administration, accounting, HR, and involvement in some long-range strategic planning. This internship is an opportunity for an accounting or business administration student to learn more about project management from an experience administrative team. The intern will also have exposure to all areas of the organization such as digital media, distribution, marketing, grant writing, and fundraising. This position is best suited for someone who has a strong interest in healthcare non-profit or for-profit business administration.
• Conduct a variety of general administrative tasks as assigned
• Assist with processing mail, bookkeeping, data entry and office supplies requests
• Assist with archiving, storage management, and in-house event planning
• Work with the Operations Managers to develop and implement an internship project
• Help improve administration procedures
• Train and orient new interns in general office procedures
• Greet guests and the general public; answer and route phone calls
Internships at OPA offer excellent opportunities to work in an exciting interdisciplinary medical office organization. At the end of the internship, the intern will gain and/or improve skills in the following areas: accounting (i.e. Quickbooks), office administration, project management, marketing, and strategic thinking.
• MAC OS, PC, and Microsoft Office proficiency
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational and research skills
• Detail-oriented and team player
• Desire to learn about non-profit media arts administration
• Knowledge/interest in Asian American independent media
• Accounting or Business Administration students encouraged to apply